• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit One

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigpaul

What is the name of your state? West Virginia
I applied for a credit card, was asked for and provided proof of income and address. There was a small hiccup because my mailing address and physical address were different. I explained why, all was apparently good. They said wait 7 to 10 days to get card. Got card via mail, called number to activate, even made the first payment (the initial fee). When I tried to use the card 2 weeks later for far less than the limit it was declined. I called customer service, at first she said it was the address issue, again I proved that wrong. She said "oh, your card was reported stolen a few minutes ago". She then said my file would be re-examined and now I may be declined altogether and my first payment would not be refunded. Can they do this? I thought by accepting my first payment that made a contract.

PayrollHRGuy

Yes, the company entered into a contract as did you. Have you read the entire contract? Odds are they have several outs for themselves in the contract.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Many credit card issuers tend to have terms and conditions for the account that are in small print, long, and not easy to read or understand. That encourages people to just skip reading it, which is likely one reason why they do it that way. The cartoon series South Park had a pretty funny (at least me) episode that revolved aroung that very problem — signing things without reading them. The terms and conditions almost always say that they may terminate the account at time for any reason. So you likely can't do anything about that. The card issuer might have a harder time justifying keeping that payment, however. If you haven't read those terms and conditions before, do that now and be alert for paragraphs that deal with closing accounts and returning fees you've paid.

quincy

If you are looking for a refund of your annual fee, you probably will need to act fast. Read carefully the terms and conditions of use for the Credit One card.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">