• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Creditor Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Medic

I am behind three month's on my car loan, due to a temporary inability to work due to my son's disability. I am in a position to catch it up this week upon receipt of a check being mailed to me, and I have communicated this to the bank holding the note. Despite this, they call me nearly daily to demand payment via a check by phone (but I don't have a checking account), and I just now got off the phone again with a man who insisted he should know why they can't reach me if I'm not working, and insisting that my financial status is his business (ie: my bills, what other bills I am behind on, where I am getting money, etc.).

In addition, although they do have my home phone number, they have been calling relatives of mine and pressuring THEM to disclose information about me (information they already have...address, phone number, etc.). Is there anything I can do to make them back off? I mean, in addition to getting caught up on my loan? Also, is their behavior legal? This is the servicing department of Superior Bank, not a third party collections agency.

Thanks for any and all advice....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">