• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Curb cut without driveway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michigan
I'm curious if this curb cut is legal or not. The house that was there is gone and the driveway is grown over. I don't think either house next to it owns the property either. Is it legal to block this curb cut?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Michigan
I'm curious if this curb cut is legal or not. The house that was there is gone and the driveway is grown over. I don't think either house next to it owns the property either. Is it legal to block this curb cut?
What did your local municipality say when you inquired?

LdiJ

Would you know which department there I would need to contact? There's like 20 numbers and I'm not sure what this would fall under
Nobody here lives in that city or would be specifically familiar with that particular city hall. Why don't you just call one of those numbers and let them redirect you to the right department if that number isn't accurate.

justalayman

Is the curb cut legal: yes.

Now, if you meant to ask if a parking ticket is valid if you parked in front of the curb cut or some other issue involving the curb cut, explain yourself.

Nobody here lives in that city or would be specifically familiar with that particular city hall. Why don't you just call one of those numbers and let them redirect you to the right department if that number isn't accurate.
Well in order to contact anyone there I would need either an extension number or the last name of who I'm trying to reach. If I don't know which department I need to call, I can't really get ahold of anyone without going there

LdiJ

Well in order to contact anyone there I would need either an extension number or the last name of who I'm trying to reach. If I don't know which department I need to call, I can't really get ahold of anyone without going there
Well, then you may have to go there.

Is the curb cut legal: yes.

Now, if you meant to ask if a parking ticket is valid if you parked in front of the curb cut or some other issue involving the curb cut, explain yourself.
No I didn't park in front of it or get a ticket. It's directly across from my own driveway and my neighbor parks there making it extremely difficult to back out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">