• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Curious" Paternity Establishment if deceased, adopted parent?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nextwife

What is the name of your state?

Ok, I was speaking to another mom like me whose child is also an international adoptee about Anna Nicole, paternity, etc.

For the sake of establishing paternity for both inheritance and SS benefits reasons, how does a mom establish paternity if the father of her child is deceased and there is no medical examiner involvement which would allow DNA harvesting??

seniorjudge

Q: For the sake of establishing paternity for both inheritance and SS benefits reasons, how does a mom establish paternity if the father of her child is deceased and there is no medical examiner involvement which would allow DNA harvesting??

A: It would be a matter of facts, like it was in the old days. Did pa have access to ma around the time the kid was conceived? Did the kid look like pa? Stuff like that.

BelizeBreeze

There are all sorts of ways for DNA to be harvested. From items he used to sweat on fingerprints to medical tests done previously. It's no straight answer but one which requires specific facts of each case.

At times, familial DNA can also be used as in the case of twins or other siblings.

nextwife

Q: For the sake of establishing paternity for both inheritance and SS benefits reasons, how does a mom establish paternity if the father of her child is deceased and there is no medical examiner involvement which would allow DNA harvesting??

A: It would be a matter of facts, like it was in the old days. Did pa have access to ma around the time the kid was conceived? Did the kid look like pa? Stuff like that.
My kid looks like me. That doesn't make me her father.:D

seniorjudge

My kid looks like me. That doesn't make me her father.:D
You and BB!

Hey, I was answering the EXACT question axed of me, just like the JETX!

And that question was:

For the sake of establishing paternity for both inheritance and SS benefits reasons, how does a mom establish paternity if the father of her child is deceased and there is no medical examiner involvement which would allow DNA harvesting??

So we don't talk about maternity and we don't talk about how you can harvest DNA!:p

nextwife

You and BB!

Hey, I was answering the EXACT question axed of me, just like the JETX!

And that question was:

So we don't talk about maternity and we don't talk about how you can harvest DNA!:p
Well, MY maternity was sure not established by DNA. Nor can DNA be used to confirm it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">