• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody Change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

the visitation schedule to reflect these changes. File it in your state, than you can request that the parenting plan / custody issues be brought forward. You are able than to explain your case in court ( not to worry they don't care how many times you go to court) as long as it shows you have the best interest of the child in mind. There are online parenting plans available a google search brings up www.cantaffordtopayforadvertisingsoispam.com and it looks good.[/QUOTE] Tammy ...Why are you spamming for that web site? You do realize thatis it against the TOS of this forum to advertise...right??

Isis1

the visitation schedule to reflect these changes. File it in your state, than you can request that the parenting plan / custody issues be brought forward. You are able than to explain your case in court ( not to worry they don't care how many times you go to court) as long as it shows you have the best interest of the child in mind. There are online parenting plans available a google search brings up kids-first.com and it looks good.
someone shoot her!!

and omg! what judge loves to see you in his court every month??

LdiJ

Yes, the mother does still live in Georgia, but the child has lived in Georgia for 7 months. I thought the jursidiction followed the child not the parent.... I'm confused
I think that you meant that the mother still lives in NC. Normally, as long as one of the parents remains in the original state that issued the orders, that state retains jurisdiction. There can be some exceptions to that under the "invconvenient forum" argument, but I have rarely seen that argument fly unless the child had been living in another state for many years.

Now, if neither parent lived in the original state that issued the orders, THEN the jurisdiction would follow the child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">