• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody of 17 year old son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

recently my 17 year old son has decided to live with me instead of his mother. we have joint custody, but he resides with her (primary residence). he has been living with me since april, and now his mother has hired an attorney and is forcing him to return to her residence. he refuses, so we will be going to court shortly.
what are the chances he will be ordered to return to her residence? he does still visit her on weekends, etc. also, how does child support work with this? i also have a daughter that resides with her mother. now i pay child support for both. florida resience, my son's mother lives 5 miles from me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential