• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aparent2

?

Does anyone have any information about this question? It seems like a difficult one for me to find information on when it comes to an approximate time frame. :confused:

aparent2

thank you

this is one article I did not find, however I had used a different search engine.

This confirms suspicions that the evaluation is running longer than average.

My next question is should I be concerned if it has been 6 months and still no conclusion? I ask because there are no criminal behaviors, abuse and the like. The attorneys on both sides have given different opinions as to why this might be taking so long. One believes it is an attempt by one parent to purposely delay the report ( :confused: ) and one is completely confused as to why it has taken this long.
Any opinion on lengthy evaluations?

aparent2

Update and another ?

The forensic evaluation report is completed in my case and my lawyer has notified me that it is the outcome I was hoping for.
The problem is my lawyer told me the evaluator "did not think the parents should have access to the full report". My lawyer also told me that I could "demand" the report, but that he didn't think it would "look good" if I did that since the evaluator's opinion was that neither parent should read the report.
Does anyone know why an evaluator would not want either parent to read his report? And any ideas on whether it would be advisable to demand the report or not? ie; is it relevant or necessary information I may need for any reason in the future?

BelizeBreeze

aparent2 said:
The forensic evaluation report is completed in my case and my lawyer has notified me that it is the outcome I was hoping for.
The problem is my lawyer told me the evaluator "did not think the parents should have access to the full report". My lawyer also told me that I could "demand" the report, but that he didn't think it would "look good" if I did that since the evaluator's opinion was that neither parent should read the report.
Does anyone know why an evaluator would not want either parent to read his report? And any ideas on whether it would be advisable to demand the report or not? ie; is it relevant or necessary information I may need for any reason in the future?
There could be several valid reasons including the rights of the child in discussions with the psychological evaluator, third-party statements that are protected by disclosure, or opinion and evaluation information which could lead to criminal charges.

aparent2

ok thank you.

My concern over your reply is there is no criminal activity on my end, and if there was criminal activity on the other parents end, wouldn't that be information that would be relevant? :confused:
I had not thought of a 3rd parties' information, I can see where that would be a concern. With the new confidentiality laws that's possible, however my lawyer said I did have the legal right to demand the report. ??

Any other insight? I appreciate your reply :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">