• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dad Refusing to Bring Child Home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MichaCA

I haven't read the history.

OP
1. What did you do to child that he is claiming abuse?

2. What specific recommendations have CPS made to you following the last time with them? I'm sure they made some. Did any recommendations include no physical punishment?

In addition to what legal measures you get into, have you taken a parenting teens class? Tried some current books? They have helped me. One I particularly like - "Yes Your Teen Is Crazy" and it was also mentioned at a teen class I took (among other books). The psychologist who works with kids all day - his take is NEVER get into physical altercations with your teen, and when things are hot...give them space.

I realize punishment is a "parenting difference". However, I am getting that it is becoming the understanding that it just is not good, on any level, with a teen to use physical force.

justalayman

Here's how I see it:

rather than making the issue about dad not complying with the order, how about acting like you do care about the child and want what is best for the child. Who does it hurt to leave the child with dad temporarily. It will look better, if you do go to court, if you show your concern is the child and making sure there is no problem rather than just screaming; BUT I AM THE CP. I WANT MY CHILD WITH ME!!!

Since CPS has already been involved, by this time you should know the routine. If you hide things from them, it takes longer for them to determine what they should or need to do. Obviously do not incriminate yourself but don't play the game of; if I don't tell you anything, you can't do anything. If there are claims by others that are the lease bit supported, that attitude will simply cause them to know there is more to the story and either take action you won't be happy with or at least, make this take a lot longer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">