• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dad's rights after 11 years

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Starsol1122

Dad might be starting this for the wrong reasons...But it could still work out well. I hope so.

Good Luck OP...Hope this works out well for your son.
Thank you for your positive input... I have never been against father and son having a relationship if anything I have always encouraged it... But it always ended at good intentions with no follow up... So my son is at the point where he doesn't really care if dad calls or not. To top it off father blames me for this... But I do my job as a good mom.... And never ever talk bad about his father ... My sons opinions have been made by his own experiences with his father not by my influence... Sadly dad doesn't see that .

Starsol1122

So the child support agency sent dad a proposed amount and he wants to appeal it...
Does anyone know how much time he has to appeal the proposed amount ?? And what happens if he neither agrees or appeals? When does the state basically come in and make the decision for him?
Thanks!

Proserpina

So the child support agency sent dad a proposed amount and he wants to appeal it...
Does anyone know how much time he has to appeal the proposed amount ?? And what happens if he neither agrees or appeals? When does the state basically come in and make the decision for him?
Thanks!
Oh the State will decide eventually. He won't have a choice about it.

What's the basis of his appeal?

Starsol1122

Oh the State will decide eventually. He won't have a choice about it.

What's the basis of his appeal?
Right now he hasn't formerly appealed yet ... But he said the amount was too high and he has other kids to support... So I'm assuming that's what he will use for the appeal

Isis1

Sorry using my phone.... Ages of 6 yrs old and 4 years old and 8 months old
he may get a deviation. he may not. assuming he has a two income home. what i have seen is the judge ask what does the respondent thinks he can pay and works from there.

Starsol1122

he may get a deviation. he may not. assuming he has a two income home. what i have seen is the judge ask what does the respondent thinks he can pay and works from there.
Do you think that the fact that in 11 years he hasn't supported his child will weigh in on the judges decision? The father said he could pay 300 the amount proposed is 625

Isis1

Do you think that the fact that in 11 years he hasn't supported his child will weigh in on the judges decision? The father said he could pay 300 the amount proposed is 625
like i said....that could go both ways.

he might meet dad halfway and say $475.

i know in my situation, the dad was ordered to pay $465 WITH visitation. WITH him having full custody of one child and my having custody of the other. but the dad pleaded he was getting evicted and couldn't afford to pay child support. finally, the judge asked him what he could pay....the dad threw $300 out. and that was what was ordered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">