• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damage on house through car on fire

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

STEPHAN

Any particular reason that you thought a $2500 deductible was a good idea?
Pure numbers game. We own 40+ properties, and it is a lot less in insurane this way. This is the first insurance case we had in 10+ years. We have our own contractors, so usually, we can handle things pretty inexpensive.

I understand that we might have to pay for it. However, I just wanted to check the legal situation, as they were not allowed to have an unregistered car there.

Don't have the official reports yet.

FarmerJ

Stephen if you can learn what started the car on fire that might make a difference in your ability to sue the tenant If that has crossed your mind, If the fire department can tell you where the fire may have started that could help you as in say they tell you it appeared the fire started under the hood as in say a gasoline leak then you might be able to sue the tenant for the damage the insurance wont pay. If the car was parked by the tenant in some place other than the driveway say like when a tenant drives up on grass and parks as close as they can to the front door ? or along side of the house. If it is determined to be arson I wonder if any of the neighbors saw anything that could help the police charge the arsonist.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">