• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dangerous Ignition Interlock

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Battery reading is good. No, no readings besides the normal operating messages. The device has acted normal ever since installation.

quincy

The last time I went to the shop the mechaniv said he did some things to the device and I should be good. So i drive away and same problems. I came back and told him it was still happening but he didnt seem to care. Not once did he want to see what truly is going on amd he said I can bring it back another day because they are busy now. How can a mechanic let a person drive a car away knowing what the issues are?
You could report the vender and see another more helpful one. Your car apparently needs to be running for awhile to pick up the problem.

That was my next step. To see another shop for service on the device. I have to take it in every month for service anyway. But I wanted the shop im going to now to be held accountable

quincy

That was my next step. To see another shop for service on the device. I have to take it in every month for service anyway. But I wanted the shop im going to now to be held accountable
Until you find out what the problem is, you cannot assign fault.

But like god forbid I get in an accident and its because of the brakes or the windshield wipers stop working while im driving and its raining....

Just a note. The device asks me to blow 5min after starting the car everytime, and then the times after that vary from 10min to 25min. Its usually goes...blow then start the car, 5min later blow, 15min after that blow, then 25min after that blow.

quincy

But like god forbid I get in an accident and its because of the brakes or the windshield wipers stop working while im driving and its raining....

Just a note. The device asks me to blow 5min after starting the car everytime, and then the times after that vary from 10min to 25min. Its usually goes...blow then start the car, 5min later blow, 15min after that blow, then 25min after that blow.
If you don't feel safe driving with the IID acting up in your car as it has been, I suggest you find another means of transportation (Uber, friend, bike) until the IID problem is figured out and resolved.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The brakes work but once im done blowing into the device and it analyzes the breath sample and accepts it, if I am on the brakes they give out for about a second and the pedal goes to floor almosy
The pedal going to the floor is not indicative of an electrical problem in most cars. What kind of car do you have? (Year/make/model)

quincy

:unsure: It could always be a problem with the car and not the car battery or the curly cord or the IID.

Unfortunately, once an IID is installed, the IID installer needs to be involved with any car repair that might affect the IID. You can't just go to your local trusted mechanic.

xylene

This sounds like a ground fault, which can happen when after market equip is installed.

You may also need a new battery with superior cycling or Cold Cranking Amps (CCA)

quincy

This sounds like a ground fault, which can happen when after market equip is installed.

You may also need a new battery with superior cycling or Cold Cranking Amps (CCA)
There are all sorts of possibilities ... but nothing so far that indicates a lawsuit can be supported against anyone.

I just know that I would not want to drive any vehicle experiencing the problems Zeugknight's vehicle is experiencing.

So waiting to hear back from SmartStart about the incident report i filed and I have another appointment with the shop this week.

So what if I was to get in an accident because of one of the issues regarding the device? Would they be liable then?

quincy

So waiting to hear back from SmartStart about the incident report i filed and I have another appointment with the shop this week.

So what if I was to get in an accident because of one of the issues regarding the device? Would they be liable then?
Until you find out what the problem is, no one can answer that question. Sorry.

Drive carefully.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">