• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Day Care expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mpfups

What is the name of your state? MD

What if in your consent order that it states that my ex must notify me of any day care providers & she isnt..My ex has my kids in some summer camp that i know nothing about & is demanding I pay her money towards it...My lawyer says that its my right to know this information & to have copies of paperwork documenting how much money shes paying for it & to make sure she pays half of it...My ex hasnt given me anything of this nature...

My ex didnt need daycare up until a week ago when she decided to switch hours & work during the day..The kids tell me that shes lying & they arent at camp all the time like she states & that her work hours havent changed..Sounds like shes trying to extort fake daycare money out of me..So if she brings me before a judge what will hapen..She gets 120 a week for CS for my 2 kids now...What will my CS be raised to if the court sees her way?

H

hexeliebe

If your attorney has already told you it's your right to see the documents, have him draft a letter requesting them before any monies are paid in excess of court-ordered support.

Once you get them contact the daycare facility and verify the expenses. If they are legitimate pay them by check and keep a record. If they are not find out the amount and pay 1/2.

And if she doesn't supply the documents then there is no obligation. Because she hasn't proven the expense.

D

DChristian112

ALSO

If the daycare provider she has decided to obtain is pricey, you could always opt to find a lower -costing child care provider.
My ex and I have very low priced daycare, and he only pays about 40% of the cost as well. They base his daycare obligation according to his income and what he already pays for cs and medical.
Just a tip...
Good Luck and God Bless!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
mpfups said:
She gets 120 a week for CS for my 2 kids now...What will my CS be raised to if the court sees her way?
Noone here can tell you this. We don't know any of the financial details to even start.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">