• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Illinois

Hello. I have a court order that stipulates my ex must pay half of my son's daycare expenses and half of his medical. i went to the state child support division to have them help me collect since he's paid $0 in the past 5 months since the order was issued and the state says they can't help me collect on day care only medical. Day care is the majority of what i need since his day care costs $700/month.

What do I do to collect this money? My ex isn't working because he's in grad school until this August and not allowed to work. We already have a date set by the judge for this august to modify the order once he graduates.

is there anything i can do to get money from him in the meantime or will i just have to wait half a year with nothing???

when i go back to court, will the judge order him to pay back support for the day care payments/medical he was ordered to pay since last year and never paid? (it's over $3000 now...)

please advise. thanks! :D


Junior Member
They helped me collect daycare

I'm in Illinois also. My court order also states that we are each responsible for half of daycare and unreimbursed medical bills. I have had to take my ex back to court to hold him to that court order. The court did make him pay back child care, medical and all legal fees.

I had a good, experienced lawyer who specialized in family law.


Junior Member
oh, thank you so much for the reassurance. i have a good lawyer too, but i'm afraid to pay the lawyers when i go back to court (they charge $250/hour) but it sounds like they may make him pay my lawyers fees when i go back to court??? yeaaaaayyyyy! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential