• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daycare Costs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mpfups

What is the name of your state? Maryland

My question is can a judge enforce me to pay daycare costs for my 2 children? Up until we seperated a year ago my ex & i have never believed in daycare..Now all of a sudden she wants to put them in daycare..This after we settled everything in court 3 months ago...We both have shared physical/legal custody of our 2 daughters...I pay her 125 a week for CS already...She sends them to daycare now & the monthly bill for that is well over 600 bucks a month....

So if i have to pay for this exactly how much will i be paying on top of the 500 a month she already gets with CS? Is there a chart to decide what percentage i pay & does my CS obligation factor into this....

My ex never brought up daycare when when she signed the consent order back in May...Now all of a sudden she wants daycare money....

J

jez51

mpfups said:
What is the name of your state? Maryland

My question is can a judge enforce me to pay daycare costs for my 2 children?
Yes he can, and you can figure on at least half....and your child support stays the same

mpfups

So essentially my ex is paying nothing & im stuck paying in excess of 1100 bucks a month for daycare & cs when i have the kids the same amount as her, live in the family home, pay the kids insurance...Man i tell ya, how can this be fair?!?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
One alternative would be for your ex to quit working and stay home to raise the kids so there will be no daycare expense. Of course, then your CS might go up if your state uses a shared income model. Otherwise - WHAT DO YOU EXPECT HER TO DO? She is working to help support the kids you made together, for heavens sakes! Who do you expect to watch them while she does that?

haiku

well if you have shared physical, when do you get the kids?

the court has decided it costs 250 bucks a week to take care of your kids. Now, unless your ex has a money tree, she has to come up with her half, and the money to take care of herself somehow.

And if you are not taking care of the kids while she works, than the fair thing would be to split the cost of daycare for your kids.

mpfups

I have the kids Friday night through Monday morning....

My ex worked nights for 10 years now & all of a sudden decides to switch to days making the same amount of money...Also, this a woman who HATES daycare & vowed never to have our kids in there.....

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
mpfups said:
My ex worked nights for 10 years now & all of a sudden decides to switch to days making the same amount of money...Also, this a woman who HATES daycare & vowed never to have our kids in there.....
I think she should be flogged and buried up to her neck, have honey poured over her head and ants let loose upon her for this transgression. JMO. ;)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And back in June stated:

"This is only a summer job...This isnt permenetly..If it was a permanent job then id say sure.."

Well, it's September, and she's still working the job. Why is this now a problem?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">