• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dead Beat Dad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tigger22472

There's a no contact order in place, so he's not allowed anywhere near the kids.

It looks like the TPR is finally going to be granted. I've dealt with all of the "what if" concerns the Judge had (what if I get sick, die, fall on hard times, etc.), so even if he would have contested, the TPR would have likely been granted anyway based on his history. I'm glad there isn't going to be a long drawn out trial though.

Since Texas doesn't require step-parent adoption, that will be handled as a separate matter all together, but since this is a small area, the judge is already aware of our plans. The thing that really pi$$ed me off was that my ex wasn't really concerned one way or the other about his rights being terminated. He only wanted to contest someone else adopting the kids! Oh well, he'll be the one that ends up in some sub-standard, state run nursing home, covered in bedsores and laying in his own filth because he has no one left that gives a dam what happens to him. Don't you just LOVE Karma!
Are the kids being adopted?? I didn't think they were.

Yeah, I love Karma too! My ex will be the same way. I do suspect my kids will search him out to ask him why he deserted them and the many other things he did to them but no matter what the answer they'll be done with him. I was/am careful that I have kept all documentation and at this point I've been flat out honest about everything... I don't worry about watching my mouth about him and I have the paper work to back it up. I can totally see him lying to them and they telling him "Yeah, that's what I thought you'd say. Mom did too, can't even be truthful now can you?" and walk away. He will continually blame me until the end of time I'm sure.

In my ex's family though it's a family tradition to not have contact. His mother had 6 kids... she hasn't seen one since 1992 and hasn't seen the other since I think 2001. She has 4 biological grandsons... 2 were adopted (she didn't have any contact the same as dad) and the other 2 are in their late 20s and have nothing to do with her either (their mom is the one who hasn't spoken to her since 2001). She has no idea her oldest grandson is married and has a child almost a year old. I find it sad, really I do. I mean MY children were the only ones in that family invited to the oldest grandson's wedding, and technically they aren't legally related anymore.

All of these parents who screwed over their kids will get theirs in the end. My ex will never make anything of himself, he's too busy and too stupid avoiding the judgement. I'm sure he doesn't know that there is an SOL here, and I hope he never does.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">