• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Death Threats and Slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

walter_preston

Two days ago I received multiple death threats left on my email at work. I recorded and saved the threats and had a witness listen to them. This same person contacted many of my superiours(my boss, his boss, the CEO). I asked my boss what I should do and if my job was in jepordy. He did not give a straight answer. I emailed (with witness) my boss, his boss, and our HR person an email this morning requesting that I have a police office come in, listen to the voice mail and start paperwork. They have not responded. Should I go ahead and call the police in with the chance of being fired? Should I just continue requesting? I just hate to have something happen to me without any police report for law enforcement to go forward with a case. Do I need to get a lawyer involved?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">