• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sandra West

Great uncle died last year. I am right of surviorship. Brother (poa) cashed $112,000 check for sale of uncles property, 20 days after his death(check issued then)No will..Nothing. Demand letter for everything was ignored. Also beleive he had CD in $89,000 before uncle died. Should I contact district attorney?

T

Tracey

Hell yes!

Theft by conversion, fraud for selling property belonging to you, breach of fiduciary duty, abuse of trust......

Whether you had survivorship rights or not, the sale was invalid, as a dead man can't sell anything and neither can someone with a dead person's power of attorney. Notify the buyer.

Start an action now to set aside the sale. Freeze all bro's accounts. I doubt the entire 112k is there anymore, but don't let him run through any more of it.

Go forth and hire a lawyer.

Tracey

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">