• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Debt Consolidation Compnaies ????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

family3

Ohio

I signed up with a credit counseling service months ago and they took 3 payments from me and NEVER paid my creditors. I now cannot get anyone to answer me, by phone or letter. I checked there BB record before ahdn and nothing was wrong. Now they will not return calls, my money is gone and now the creditors are after me to pay up?
Am I now in a worse position, none of these creditors received a dime and now say they will not work with me on payments, amounts etc and charged up alot of late fees etc.
One creditor told me that I wouldnt be allowed to use another Debt Consolidation company even after I told them I had been used !!
Is there any way I can do this with a reputable consolidation company ( Any names wold be helpful ) Are there any legit ones out there ??
And does anyone have any alternative ideas? Any help would be much appreciated !

Ladynred

You've been ripped off - call your state Attorney General's office and file a complaint !! The BBB is pretty useless, but the AG is not.

Forget the consolidation companies, 99.9% of them are nothing but scams that will do you more harm than good - as you've already found out. They are NOT the answer.

family3

Thanks

Thanks for your input. Any advice you have on how to handle this now they ticked off all of my creditors? And am I confued but do I see alot of Counseling
Companies advertising on this site abover? IF they are 99.9% scam artist, why would this site allow them to advertsie?

A

afterhrs

For the same reason you got ripped off..........MONEY!

Regards,
Afterhrs

Ladynred

They use banner ads to generate income - or try to and most likely the ads are targeted to the content - so if the content is credit and bankruptcy, what kinds of ads do you think are going to be there ??? This board is about FAR more than credit and bankruptcy, that doesn't mean the site owners condone the use of the companies in the ads - its web business.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">