• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Debtor changed joint bank account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Thank you Quincy.
You’re welcome, javan78. I hope you can eventually collect some of what you are owed.

If you do not decide to sell the debt to a collection agency so you can get immediate cash in your pocket (albeit less money than you are owed by the debtor), I guess the good news for you is that judgments last a long time in Florida (20 years) and are renewable (for another 20 years). Your debtor might be easier to collect from later if he acquires non-exempt assets.

Good luck.

javan78

Thanks Quincy, again.
If the responsibility is solely on me to prove that the 1st account (with bank X) was not TBE (and that is what I understood from the feedback I received from this forum) then I do agree that I have very slim or almost nothing chance of getting anything from him (at least for now)

quincy

Thanks Quincy, again.
If the responsibility is solely on me to prove that the 1st account (with bank X) was not TBE (and that is what I understood from the feedback I received from this forum) then I do agree that I have very slim or almost nothing chance of getting anything from him (at least for now)
A slim chance is not no chance but, yes, you understood correctly what we were saying.

I hope the collection prospects improve for you in the future.

Good luck.

adjusterjack

Thanks Quincy, again.
Make sure you record the judgment in the county where he lives on the slim chance that he may want to get a mortgage or refi and that may hang him up unless he addresses the debt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">