• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Debtor is potentially hiding money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rodrigus3

Thanks!

However, I could not understand why or how “Whether the cash is or isn't from the debtor's wife's income isn't something over which the IRS has jurisdiction” zddoodah stated is true because IRS can investigate any cash deposit (and debtor’s wife deposited 30,000).

doucar

If the IRS does and investigation, it would take years under current circumstances and you would not be informed on the details of the decision whenever it is made.

LdiJ

Thanks!

However, I could not understand why or how “Whether the cash is or isn't from the debtor's wife's income isn't something over which the IRS has jurisdiction” zddoodah stated is true because IRS can investigate any cash deposit (and debtor’s wife deposited 30,000).
Just because the IRS CAN investigate a deposit over $10,000 doesn't mean that they Will investigate a deposit over $10,000. And, as Doucar already said even if they do choose to investigate her $30,000 deposit doesn't mean that it will happen quickly or that the results will be public knowledge. You are far more likely to know nothing about any investigation that they do rather than getting any information.

In other words, the IRS isn't going to help you.

PayrollHRGuy

Thanks!

But you would never find out the results of the IRS investigation even if they did one because if you are right and the money came from your debtor then there would be no crime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">