• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deceased brothers wife wont let me attend My brothers funeral.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BelizeBreeze

Happy Trails said:
Good job Breezie.

Hope angel48035 checks back and will update this forum.

QUOTE]
I would simply advise her to get a temporary injunction for the funeral and have the court freeze the assets of the deceased.

Then I would have a sitdown with the family and file probate enmasse with an appointed executor.

That child needs someone to protect his/her future. PERIOD!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shay-Pari'e

Did you read the statute I cited? I doubt it after that statement. ;)[/QUOTE]

I have since I posted last. I have to admit I have never read that statute. Good Call. ;)

Dandy Don

If all you want to do is to pay respects, then just visit the funeral home and view the decedent privately, 1 or 2 days before the funeral, just to avoid trouble.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

BelizeBreeze

This is no longer a question of the funeral ONLY. This is a matter of protecting the brother's estate from someone who has no legal claim to anything by virtue of her purposeful absence under state statute.

angel48035

I want to thank all you for your advice and help.Now I have to bring this information to the family.I just found out that the (Wife)requested an autopsy saying he died because of the hospital and she is sueing for the max amount for neglagence,So at the funeral services,My brother wont be there.He will be getting an autopsy done.This woman is physco.His last request is to be cremated.The wife refuses to do so saying she does not believe in it and wont do it..The attorney said just because he requested it doesnt mean anything.The wife has last say.This is the most cold hearted woman on earth.BUT)come to find out.She was adminastering him the morphine before He passed.The last thing that happened is.He started to have seizures and convulsions just before he died..My brother told her that he hard a hard time breathing and he need to go to the hospital.She said no and gave him another shot.I am waiting to see if she overdoses him with morphine,Im not sure with the situation as far as where or how she got the morphine.May-be it was that their was also a osf nurse their part time also watching him.I will keep you all informed.and once again,Thank You :(

rmet4nzkx

Please read BB's post, because the wife was absent she has no rights, plus, let her do an autopsy, it will show she OD's him with morphine, it happens all the time, she is hanging herself.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">