• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deed of Trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jvwheel

What is the name of your state? Arizona

In 1990 I fell several months behind on my land payments. The beneficiary of the Deed Of Trust that covered my land purchase contract petitioned for a Judicial Forclosure and received a Judgement for the full amount of the contract. He recorded the Judgement in 1993 and again after it expired in 2002. He made no effort to collect the Judgement while it was valid and left the property in my name. Recenty I had a friend check to see if I could get a copy of the records from the trustee so that I could clear this up and he was told that the account is still open. I made payments to a title company (the Trustee) before the foreclosure. The contract was for 10 years, executed in 1988, and my last payment was in 1989. The land contract was for my primary residence and the lot size was 3 and 1/3 acres.

My question is ,"Is the Deed of Trust and associated Contract still binding and collectable even though the beneficiary petitioned for and received a judgement through Judicial Foreclosure in 1990."

I would be extremely grateful for any help. Thank you.

This is the central issue of a multi-issue post in the real estate forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">