• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

defect found after inspection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

donelber

I sold a home to a young couple that had NO funds available to them. I paid all of their closing costs, left all appliances, outside buildings and paid for all inspections to the property. Everything passed. Now, 6 months later, they claim the heater doesn't work and that I hid the defect from them. If it passed inspections at the time of closing, which is all the contract required, am I still able to be sued? They say they will, but I have called their bluff and done nothing. I did not put an "as-is" clause in the contract, but did give them 25 days to inspect the property themselves or accept it in its present condition. They did not inspect it themselves. I live in Louisiana.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">