• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Delivery driver injured in NYC establishment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O_o in ny

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York.
34 yo male falls down flight of stairs (metal welded cellar stairs) while making a delivery to NYC cafe.
Rushed to hospital, sent to various doctors for medical eval. Injuries sustained to back and knee. Surgery will be required to completely fix, but am unable to work and no health insurance.

Was recently told by my lawyer that the company cancelled a trial date and now wants to settle. Told me to give him a number??? Not quite sure what my case is worth and wondering at this stage how long it will be before this is all over. I did settle with work and comp over 2 years ago for over 100k.

justalayman

and your question was?

If it involves the value of your case, that is something your lawyer would be much more able to speak to.

You Are Guilty

Was recently told by my lawyer that the company cancelled a trial date and now wants to settle. Told me to give him a number??? Not quite sure what my case is worth and wondering at this stage how long it will be before this is all over. I did settle with work and comp over 2 years ago for over 100k.
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. No defendant in NY has the power to "cancel" a trial date (heck, a lot of times, the judge won't even let a plaintiff adjourn it). That, coupled with the fact that it's your lawyer's job to tell you how much you case is worth, leads me to suspect your lawyer is one of those PI mills that doesn't actually do everything they can for their clients. Go press your lawyer for answers to all your questions - that's what you are paying them for!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">