• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Demoted from work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lmra

What is the name of your state?MASS
I work at a Department Store for the last 8 months. I get pay $4.50 hourly plus commission. for up to date I average over $15.00 an hour. Today my supervisor called me to tell me that the Store Manager moved me to a different department starting tomorrow you will get $7.00 an hour with no commission. And the reason that they moving me is because I sale Exercise Equipment and my perfomance on selling the service Plan with the Equipment is not high enough. Is there anything wrong with the action they take against me or the pay rate. I would appreciate Any help or advise. THANKS

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is nothing whatsoever wrong with their demoting you for that reason and the new pay rate is legal under both Federal and Massachusetts law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">