• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied claim-Tree fell on car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

peteo

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I posted here a few weeks ago heres whats going on now.

A dead tree fell on my car. I have a letter that the next door neighbor sent 8 months ago to the property owner where the tree was asking them to remove the tree. The property owners insurance company is denying the claim, saying I was parked illegally on their property(I think they admit the tree should have been removed). Never mind the fact that I've been parking there for 5 years, there are no signs saying not to park there and the first thing the property owner said when I talked about the tree was your car is NOT on my land. I also rent an apartment from this property owner.

Does it really matter if my car was parked illegally? I've heard there is a 50% liability law in Massachusetts, will this work in the case? Do I have a legeal leg to stand on? Is this worth pursuing? The car is totaled, 10,000 to fix

Last edited:

HomeGuru

peteo said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I posted here a few weeks ago. A dead tree fell on my car. I have a letter that the next door neighbor sent 8 months ago to the property owner where the tree was asking them to remove the tree. The property owners insurance company is denying the claim, saying I was parked illegally on their property(I think they admit the tree should have been removed). Never mind the fact that I've been parking there for 5 years, there are no signs saying not to park there and the first thing the property owner said when I talked about the tree was your car is NOT on my land.
Does it really matter if my car was parked illegally? I've heard there is a 50% liability law in Massachusetts, will this work in the case? Is this worth pursuing the car is totaled, 10,000 to fix
**A: plese post to your initial thread by using the post reply link on that thread. Do not start a new thread on the same subject.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">