• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied Interview

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lmc

I am the administrator for a group of physicians. One of my managers (S.S.) and a physician (R.,MD) absolutely did not get along and I moved her to another practice with her approval. Months later, her husband was transferred to another state and she resigned. She was listed as eligible for rehire.
The group recently approved the addition of an A/R Manager. Quite by coincidence, S.S. contacted me and said she and her husband were considering moving back to my area because her husband was being recruited by the local, large health care system. S.S. inquired about position openings and I described the A/R Manager role. After checking with my boss and many others who previously worked with S.S., we determined that she is qualified for the position. My boss was supposed to talk with R.,MD. My boss later emailed me that I could hire S.S. and if R.,MD decided that he could not work with her, then he wouldn't have to use or pay for the position. I made S.S. an offer and she accepted; we settled on a start date.
We informed our Executive Committee that S.S. would be coming back in the A/R Manager position. R.,MD went nuts because my boss had never informed him that S.S. was being considered for rehire. R.,MD has now not only threatened to quit the group if she is hired, but states that if the group even interviews S.S., he will quit. I think he's gone too far in restricting her right to interview. Can he do this??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">