• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dental Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pjsharp

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Oklahoma

I took my son to the dentist a few months ago. The dentist checked his teeth and recommended that he have sealants. I told him that he had sealants put in one year ago. He said that they had worn off and that he needed them again. I asked if the procedure was covered by insurance because I wanted to make sure that it was covered. I was told that it was a covered procedure. I just received a bill three months later for the full amount for the sealants. I called the dentist's office and the billing department said that they filed my insurance and it was denied because the we had already maxed our benefits for that procedure. I called the insurance company and that procedure is only covered once every three years. My question is: Is the dentist's office responsible for finding out the limitations BEFORE the procedure is done so that I can make the choice whether or not I want to pay out of pocket for it? I specifically asked before the procedure was done because I did not want to have it done if I was going to have to pay for it.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, it is YOUR responsibility, not that of the dentist's office, to find out what coverage is available.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">