• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperatly need answers. HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Abused. Desperatly need answers. HELP!

What is the name of your state? CA

Does a grantor have the power to break State Corporate laws by way of a Trust?
Does State Law supercede a trust?

Our father died and he left a fair and equal distribution to the kids upon the death of our mother. We never got it. The co-trustee son made our mother believe one of the beneficiaries, an abused sister, is on SSI which is not true. However, the trustor, our mother,wrote checks and directed cash by way of checks while she was living to be paid directly to the beneficiary who is not on SSI (to keep her safe in an apartment from further abuse by the son she disinherted). To me, this indicates she either did not understand SSI rules or even what it is(if she believed I was on SSI as the co-trustee in question and lawyer who drafted the trust are trying to say) or she willingly broke the Federal laws governing SSI and Medi-Cal. The daughterwho is on SSI ran away from home and refuses to come back. She wants me to be the one to help her now but I am cannot afford it under the circumstances and the brothers are controlling our assets not giving me my fair share in the guise I am on SSI and have to have this SNT which is not true.

The co-trustee permited one of the sons who abused our mother to live in her house to "control the situation." He tried to claim our mother wanted that, but it isn;t true. It all came out in the bath water. Our mother disinherited the son who abused her and me and my sister (we are the two youngest) and wrote a letter to that affect. Now, two sons who are co-trustees are controlling the estate and are still keeping the third disinherited abuser son in my mother's house which me and my sister have inherited along with the two brothers (co-trustees). We're getting essentially nothing of a large estate, while the brothers all live lavish lifestyles and the abusive son is continuing to live in the family house for free at the good graces of the trustees!!! Meanwhile, my sister and I are suffering horribly living hand to mouth and the co-trustee brothers are claiming I am on SSI so I can't have anything. My sister was so abused it caused her very serious problems, she never worked, and she became disabled.The co-trusee lied and told her she hasn;t any standing in our corporation. False! During my mother's lifetime, I called the police, I called Elder Abuse, but my mother was so afraid of her abuser she never pressed charges and the two fabulous sons who are co-trustees never intervened on my mother's behalf, or me and my sister's behalf either. Help! Now, all three brothers are walking off with the entire estate. We are being left penniless. They claim our mother wanted them to "hold" our portion in trust because she "wanted us to have food on our table and a roof over our heads." PLEASE, my sister and I are being abused. Elder Abuse and Adult Protective Services were useless. They listened to the co-trustees false storis as did the useless cops. Please, does anyone have any answers? We have no money for attornies as it is all in the trust and attorneies do not want to work for free. Please, if there's anyone who has any answers to our quesions, please, help us.

Last edited:

Dandy Don

What month and year did your mother die?

Start talking to about 3-5 trust attorneys until you find one willing to help you. If you do not already have a copy of the trust, you can ask the attorney to please help you get one so you can find out how much money you are entitled to. The first consultation is usually free, but even if it isn't, when you tell the attorney that you are a trust beneficiary they will probably not ask for an upfront retainer/fee payment and will probably be willing to wait until you receive your check so you can then pay their fee.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">