• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

detainer from probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hunterwhite

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I found out i have a detainer from probation for violating a condition of having to complete a drug and alcohol treatment center. I put myself in another center and tried contacting my p.o while i was in there. Im currently in a recovery house, i attend N/A meetings, im on the vivitrol shot, im doing out patient counseling, and i have a job. Is there a way i can talk to my sentencing judge or someone so i can have the detainer lifted? i dont want to lose all the progress ive been making. This is the best ive done since ive been on probation. I dont have money for an attorney. Any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

quincy

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I found out i have a detainer from probation for violating a condition of having to complete a drug and alcohol treatment center. I put myself in another center and tried contacting my p.o while i was in there. Im currently in a recovery house, i attend N/A meetings, im on the vivitrol shot, im doing out patient counseling, and i have a job. Is there a way i can talk to my sentencing judge or someone so i can have the detainer lifted? i dont want to lose all the progress ive been making. This is the best ive done since ive been on probation. I dont have money for an attorney. Any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Didn't you just post this same question under a different user name?

If you can't reach your probation officer, contact the probation office.

B12570

Good you’re in recovery, however part of being sober and changing your life style, you’re clean now so now you can’t hide from probation, get proof of the date you started in your new treatment facility, be prepared.

B12570

As long as you have another day clean you are still making progress. Call, if you can have a house manager speak on your behalf that might help, the main argument is going to be you didn’t try to contact probation very hard.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">