• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dfs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BekkiM

It would definately be easier if your attorney did it. I have not gotten a response to my request for my hubbys record of his daughter. When I called the 1st time to find out who to send it to they would not even tell me that. All they said was that an attorney could subpoena the info and that would release it. I called a 2nd time and told them I was trying to make my attys. job easier and asked what address and who he needed to contact to subpoena med records. Pretty dumb I know, but they fell for it and told me all the steps (for my county)....
#1 It goes the keeper of the Records
#2 The keeper forwards request to a supervisor
#3 supervisor forwards to the case worker
#4 case worker gets req. info sends back to keeper of records then you should get it.
(this is only what they told me an atty. would do, I don't know if it will work for me I'm still waiting)
When I sent the request I included a cert of Identity(notarized), a copy of the fed. guidlies (stating that legally they have to provide him the same as they would provide the custodial parent), the court papers doc. that my hubby is the father ( I made sure the copy I sent had the clerks stamp on it), privacy act request form, copy of his driver lisc. and a letter explaining what we were requesting. Like I said, I don't know if it will work, but I hope it does.

C

ChevyGirl

Next Letter

We sent the second request under the Privacy Act and the Freedom of Information Act and this is the letter that we received:

Mr. *****,

I received your second letter appealing the denial to provide information. As I informed you un my letter dated 11-05-02, all information contained in any case file maintained by the Barry County Division of Family Services is confidential and can only be released to authorized agencies or individuals as provided by law or with written consent by that person. This policy pertains to all income Maintenance case files. You are entitled to view the Income Maintenance payroll which list Income Maintenance grants made to individuals from the State of Missouri. This payroll can be viewed between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.

The above confidentiality policy applies to Income Maintenance case files mainteined by the Department of Social Services, Division of Family Services. If you are requesting information contained in a case file maintained by the Division of Children Services, you will need to direct your request to that division as teh alws that govern the release of information from the Division of Children Services are different than the Division of Family Services even though they are both under the Department of Social Services. Any request for information contained in a case file maintained by the Division of Children Services can be directed to joy Barsotti in the Lawrence County office located at 1419 E. Church, Aurora, MO 65605.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me at the above address.

Tom Dodson.

So this is my question. First of all, what is he talking about in the first paragraph and second of all, why would we have to request records from another county that the little girl does not even live in?????

JaneyS4

I'll be honest, I have no clue what the first paragraph is all about. As for the second one, I gather that he's trying to tell you in an indirect way that you have sent the letter to the wrong person. I don't know why he'd want you to send one to a different county, but Children's services is definately what you need. I'd go ahead and send it to the address he suggested, and see what comes back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">