• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Diamond Resorts International. Can I dissolve any of the two loans legally?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

richrichy

Diamond Resorts International. My wife and I bought a point system similar to a timeshare in January. We put like $5000 down and $300/month plus maintenance fees. We get 5000 points per year. We were OK with that. We went to an orientation in April. They did sales pitch for Silver membership. It was $7000 down and $500/month plus maintenance fees. We figured for $200 more and getting in before inflation, it seemed ok, but I needed to free up some money to make it happen. There is a 10 day grace period to cancel the loan that we signed. I logged into membership area on and in the section April 26 and it still showed our original loan. April 27 i logged into the membership section and the 500/month loan was added to the membership. Added but not replacing. So now it's $800+/month. We specifically asked whether this new loan will be the new loan. We even joked that we should probably rip up the old contract loan. The sales guy said no, you should keep in for your records. We clearly thought it was going to replace the previous loan and never an additional loan. I can't afford both loans now. I looked at the new loan and the old loan and I don't see anything that says it was going to replace. We were never told it was going to be $800/month and we were responsible to two loans. I don't know my options. Whether not to pay the loan or go into legal battle. Or just take the loss and see if they try to sue me or something. There was no way i would've said yes and signed any papers if there were two separate loans. I called into the company and from the 3 calls I've done, basically they said i shouldve read the loan contract. I did. It seems OK for a new loan that would replace the old one. Is there anything I could do legally? I would've been fine with the first loan or second separately, but combined i can't afford. Because i can't afford both, what would happen if i didn't pay neither? would it be a foreclosure? could they sue me? I'm in Davie, FL.

NIV

Are you saying you have two fully executed contracts? The one you originally sought and the silver one?

If so, you have a real problem that might not be easily unwound. What did Diamond Resorts say to you when you asked them?

Panther1959

Thanking God

I hate to read about your experience with Diamond resorts, but at the same I am glad I did see this. I was invited to go to one of their spills but for some reason I could not get myself ready for them, and by reading this I am so glad I did because companies that run there business like this I refuse to deal with. I will also let my two family members know because they have been invited as well.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If you don't mind spending half a day in their "presentation", and if you truly hold firm on your "no" answer, then there's no reason not to go. Enjoy the "free" mini-vacation :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">