• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DISABILITY CLAIM for non-injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marycw

I am located in SD. I work for a company that is a contractor to the US Gov. I was disabled in April, 2000 for (Under Evaluation)
dizziness, imbalancd, eye focus problems and other maladies. My insurance company has paid disability for 3 weeks. They are questioning my ability to work as I am a 'sedintary' employee. In other words if I sit all day at a computer how do my symptoms prevent me from working and for that matter drive to and from work (23 miles one way). I would like to return to work (I only have STD - 13 weeks - which means I'm out of it now)but my symptoms still affect me. Can you give me some insight into how I should handle this matter? I am 59, veteran, no pension, F, etc.

Thanks

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marycw:
I am located in SD. I work for a company that is a contractor to the US Gov. I was disabled in April, 2000 for (Under Evaluation)
dizziness, imbalancd, eye focus problems and other maladies. My insurance company has paid disability for 3 weeks. They are questioning my ability to work as I am a 'sedintary' employee. In other words if I sit all day at a computer how do my symptoms prevent me from working and for that matter drive to and from work (23 miles one way). I would like to return to work (I only have STD - 13 weeks - which means I'm out of it now)but my symptoms still affect me. Can you give me some insight into how I should handle this matter? I am 59, veteran, no pension, F, etc.

Thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is temporary disability insurance and workmans compensation insurance. Which applicable criteria you should check on with your State Department of Labor and Industrial Relations. If you can not go back to work and you are diagnosed as medically disabled due to the symptoms, you may be entitled to and some sort of VA and/or Social Security benefits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">