• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discovering an immigration fraud ring....what to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SeattlMike

Hi;

I was the victim of immigration fraud a while back. I've recently discovered that others are aware of the fraud that these people are committing. I also discovered that INS is after some of the people in this ring, but not the ones who defrauded me. I am wondering how (or if) to direct INS to this given the following:

My ex is facing her hearing to have her Marriage Conditions removed from her Visa. There's a very small child involved and my ex's immigration future was discussed during the divorce, the FAMILY Court (only) is aware of my statements of fraud; (noting them in the permanent orders but not in the decree itself). Family Court knows that if she is discovered to have committed fraud in the Federal Immigration Court hearings, she may be deported. Family Court told me that it's in my best interest that she stay here, because Family Court indicated that it would probably give my child to the mother and the child would go out of the country as well.

Her family has vowed to "get me"; indicating orally that I'll be falsely accused of horrid things (as she has already done) and that she'll never stop until I am in jail, permanently estranged from my child (as her mother did to her father) but still paying child support, or (as they have vaguely alluded) dead, as supposedly happened to her grandfather.

This immigration ring is pretty well connected in this area with a respected attorney being involved, and with one who's been investigated by INS. The one attorney has been uncovered to a degree and punished, but now INS apparently doesn't know where else to go-but then I'm obviously not involved there since I haven't told them a single thing.

My ex's family is involved in the immigration ring in both nations it appears. I know how to direct INS to some of the right players and how to get them, but given that the Family Court has basically threatened me with losing my child, I don't know how to help INS.

Now that INS has begun to crack the ring, there's a stronger chance that when she goes in front of INS for her visa, they'll ask me questions if they tie her into this ring somehow. If they find out about her role in this ring, and ask me about it, I have to make a choice:

----If I lie to INS when they ask me, I can be hit with Federal charges. My lying is about the only way she'll stay if I am asked, because I have enough info to really expose many of her lies.
----If I tell the truth, and she is deported; then basically the Family Court Judge has said that they'll send my child with her.
----Basically, IF they ask me, I am forced to choose between perjury and losing my child. If she is deported, she's likely to be given voluntary departure, and she'll leave without a trace and I'll lose my child; since they won't tell me anything about her case.

INS knows none of these things. How can I get INS on this trail to do the right thing and expose my ex and her ring for what they are? Which law enforcement agency to trust to help me, and I mean truly help me?

Because of the circumstances of how she defrauded me, I've not been able to financially recover yet; so can't afford an attorney.

What should I do in your opinion? Please post here, as they are having trouble with private messages on my account.

Thanks!

Last edited:

evcalyptos

HomeGuru said:
I did not read your post. Contact INS and US Customs.
One website recommends:
"If (one) knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at [email protected] or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">