• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disneyworld wedding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nextwife

I don't understand why people feel compelled to put their lives online in that way. And why would someone living two lives do that?

I don't IM or text, blog, use Facebook, or any other social networking site. I love knowing that, when I was jobhunting, I was otherwise anonymous online - no accidental embarassments.

Last edited:

xylene

I don't understand why people feel compelled to put their lives online in that way. And why would someone living two lives do that?

I don't IM or text, blog, use Facebook, or any other social networking site. I love knowing that, when I was jobhunting, I was otherwise anonymous online - no accidental embarassments.
Probably cause they were really really internally stovepiped, and believed that their own internal compartmentalization was true on the outside.

As to the other side of the job-hunt embarassement coin, facebook and blogs are a critical network tool to find jobs.

Further, looking into such thing and now mandatory.

At least for some jobs, telling a prospective employer you don't have facebook would be like saying you don't have a phone.

mistoffolees

As to the other side of the job-hunt embarassement coin, facebook and blogs are a critical network tool to find jobs.

Further, looking into such thing and now mandatory.

At least for some jobs, telling a prospective employer you don't have facebook would be like saying you don't have a phone.
I agree. Even for jobs where online access isn't critical, it makes you much more human than a name on a resume. That assumes, of course, that you don't do anything stupid like posting pictures of your drunken spring break orgy in Cancun.

As long as the Facebook profile is non-controversional and family friendly, there's nothing wrong with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">