• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Division of assets during divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
@not2cleverRed and @Ohiogal ... And what exactly are you basing your deductions from? Do you have the entire life's story of mine and hers to come to a conclusion? I thought you lawyers base off facts... Most welcome to give your opinions, but doesn't give a good character to your words. And of course doesn't help either party with the case... !
Honestly? Most of us understand that every "story" has two (or more) sides. And we're often quite good at reading between the lines.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
So someone reported my post saying: I am basing it on what you have stated. And no one said you are. Also, you didn't read the TOS, now did you? Your ignorance shows. Your words don't present a good character of you.

Should we break this down? Ignorance means not knowing. You don't know that most people who post here are NOT lawyers. The TOS tells you that... Which means you didn't read the TOS. You attacked me and I just stated that your words present yourself in a way that doesn't make you look like a good character.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
@not2cleverRed and @Ohiogal ... And what exactly are you basing your deductions from? Do you have the entire life's story of mine and hers to come to a conclusion? I thought you lawyers base off facts... Most welcome to give your opinions, but doesn't give a good character to your words. And of course doesn't help either party with the case... !
Or, who knows.... Maybe they read your other thread about this divorce?
https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/advice-requested-for-legal-separation-or-divorce.661853/

Thank you so much for your help. I am trying to avoid any charges, expenditures and fees as I need every penny to buy out this house from wife and if possible, save the Tesla. I do have a backup option to sell Tesla & cash 401k funds and do have a friend willing to sell an old lexus until I gather money to buy a new car... Its just not fair. My wife did not want to work because she was so choosy with what she wanted to do. For a brief time, she was even made a CEO of my consulting company with one client, and could have grown the business easily, but of course she will do what she wants and shut down the business. She did not work for about 10 years, whereas she could easily have, now she is demanding every penny out of me. Very bad how the laws of this state are made, we definitely should have an "at fault" divorce provision...
Oh.. The Tesla. You should be aware that the Tesla is not worth what you purchased it for, and decreases in value every day. How much will it be worth when your divorce is final? It makes a lot more sense to worry about your 401K and house. Why would you consider cashing out your 401K to buy a car if you sell the Tesla? You can buy a beater, buy a car on loan or lease a car until things settle down. Cashing out your 401k to buy a car is almost always a very bad financial decision. Perhaps you need a consultation with a financial advisor.

gaggz

Honestly? Most of us understand that every "story" has two (or more) sides. And we're often quite good at reading between the lines.
still doesn't mean the impressions could be correct while "reading between lines". What gives you the conclusive right to be correct?

gaggz

Or, who knows.... Maybe they read your other thread about this divorce?
https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/advice-requested-for-legal-separation-or-divorce.661853/
If you read my reply there "My wife says she is doing proceedings on grounds on based of my behavior towards her. I have put in all efforts to change anything and everything in me to keep her happy. Still she is not not happy. I have done everything I could to keep her happy "
Anyways I see a lot of rookies making noise rather than helping, so deleted that thread...

quincy

If you read my reply there "My wife says she is doing proceedings on grounds on based of my behavior towards her. I have put in all efforts to change anything and everything in me to keep her happy. Still she is not not happy. I have done everything I could to keep her happy "
Anyways I see a lot of rookies making noise rather than helping, so deleted that thread...
Deleting threads is frowned upon on this forum.

gaggz

So someone reported my post saying: I am basing it on what you have stated. And no one said you are. Also, you didn't read the TOS, now did you? Your ignorance shows. Your words don't present a good character of you.

Should we break this down? Ignorance means not knowing. You don't know that most people who post here are NOT lawyers. The TOS tells you that... Which means you didn't read the TOS. You attacked me and I just stated that your words present yourself in a way that doesn't make you look like a good character.
I did not report your post. Nor had an intention of "attacking" you, you are most welcome to make any impressions about me and that does not mean you are correct every time! However, found your deductions against me quite offensive. Honestly I have seen lawyers make such deductions against opposing party in a lawsuit. Though you are most welcome to write anything about me and exercise your first amendment, having tasteless deductions will most likely hurt your career and reputation than mine!

gaggz

Deleting threads is frowned upon on this forum.
I understand you are the moderator. Coming from a corporate background: I will urge you to update the terms and also make some code of conduct how some people here are making un-necessary deductions on my character which is just creating noise rather than helping the case or coming to a conclusion!

gaggz

Oh.. The Tesla. You should be aware that the Tesla is not worth what you purchased it for, and decreases in value every day. How much will it be worth when your divorce is final? It makes a lot more sense to worry about your 401K and house. Why would you consider cashing out your 401K to buy a car if you sell the Tesla? You can buy a beater, buy a car on loan or lease a car until things settle down. Cashing out your 401k to buy a car is almost always a very bad financial decision. Perhaps you need a consultation with a financial advisor.
Thank you. Very good advice. So here are some facts (1) Teslas are going for same price or even more that what I paid for including taxes, tags and fees due to all market shortage (2) this means I can get some funds to buy out my property from wife (3) this also means if I sell the car, I will have to buy a used one at 2-3 k over actual market price.
Working with a friend's friend to sell me his lexus without the markup.
A friend gave me same advice just last night, am very thankful to you indeed for your reply !

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I understand you are the moderator. Coming from a corporate background: I will urge you to update the terms and also make some code of conduct how some people here are making un-necessary deductions on my character which is just creating noise rather than helping the case or coming to a conclusion!
You're wrong...
About so much.

quincy

Yours is an interesting post considering you are objecting to others making “deductions.” ;)

I will pass your concerns on to the moderators of this forum.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Your understanding would be mistaken.

Honestly, I suspect many here have now gone back to read your other threads. Interesting reading.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Sometimes one's best efforts are insufficient.

The fact is, she wants a divorce.

You bemoaned the fact that CA no longer requires fault. There are reasons why states shifted to "no fault", very good reasons. Your wife is unhappy with you. You don't respect her. Your language in this thread illustrates that you neither love nor cherish her, and only are against the divorce because it's inconvenient.

Just for giggles - what kind of car does she drive?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">