• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce lawyer sticking me with huge bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Eunice Smith

my divorce lawyer sent me monthly statements showing previous balance -0-, services rendered since last statement, amount charged to retainer account, amount left in retainer account, balance owed -0-
now he is sending a revised bill doubling the charges
can he do this
i have a statement showing 422 left in my retainer account bur he says i owe 1400 more

D

depeche

Math was not my college major, but doesn't 0x2=0? What are you trying to say?

E

Eunice Smith

my retainer started at 1500 each month i got a statement showing services and how much was taken from the retainer to pay for the services. the last statement shows 422 left in retainer. when i requested a refund he did a revised bill and not only took the 422 he says i owe him 1400 more. 1500 and 1400 for a very simple divorce. didnt even go to court.
now he is suing me for 5,000 for fraud and deciet because i didnt pay him the extra 1400.

[This message has been edited by Eunice Smith (edited April 15, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Eunice Smith (edited June 08, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">