• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce Mortgage Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

John Milner

I doubt Countrywide will do it as well, but I'm going to give it a shot, what's losing $100 when I've lost $10k+ in fighting this *******?

During the divorce he was in contempt for not taking my daughter to physical therapy, I took him back to court and they did nothing.

So yes I'm going to wait and see what Countrywide will do, but in the meantime, I'd like to do what the "Law" can do? If I take him back to court after the deadline what will the judge actually do?

LdiJ

If she has already signed a quit claim deed, doesn't that absolve her of anything else?
No, her mortgage company is not a party to her divorce, therefore her mortgage company is not bound by the terms of the divorce decree. The mortgage company is only bound by the loan contract.

mistoffolees

I doubt Countrywide will do it as well, but I'm going to give it a shot, what's losing $100 when I've lost $10k+ in fighting this *******?
There's absolutely no reason to lose $100.

You simply read the agreement and if it says what you claimed above, you pay the money and you're done, so you got a lot of value for your $100.

If it doesn't say what you said, then you don't pay the $100 and you haven't lost anything.

There's a lot to be said about reading things before signing them.

LdiJ

So what will the Judge to to him???
The judge will probably give him another 60 days to get the refi done, or the house goes on the market.

However, if you do what I said it probably won't end up in front of the judge, because he will probably run to his parents to get them to refi the house.

John Milner

The judge will probably give him another 60 days to get the refi done, or the house goes on the market.

However, if you do what I said it probably won't end up in front of the judge, because he will probably run to his parents to get them to refi the house.
I already contacted my lawyer about writing the letter. If it does go to court and the judge puts it on the market, my ex will just play the game again and never sign an offer. What can the judge do about that?

Thanks again I really appreciate the help!!!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I already contacted my lawyer about writing the letter. If it does go to court and the judge puts it on the market, my ex will just play the game again and never sign an offer. What can the judge do about that?

Thanks again I really appreciate the help!!!
The court could possibly put him in jail for contempt until he does sign an offer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">