• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What happens if you want a divorce but you cannot find your husband anywhere. Can you do it on grounds of abandonment. what do I do I want a divorce but dont know where my husband is.....



I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You have to be able to go about reasonable methods to give him notice (publishing in newspapers of his last known address, etc). Once you cannot find him, after a certain time period, then you can get a no fault divorce based on abandonment or some similar cause of action. However, what state are you from? We need this information to help you with more specific answers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential