• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DIY Bankruptcy in California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

by0b

California
My wife and I are preparing to file chapter 7. During this recession, we lost our business, home and auto's. All we have are the clothes on our back, furnature, kids and our health. We have abstract of judgements recorded due to our business going under. Last summer, we lost our home and vehicle to foreclosure. The question is, are the money judgements listed on public records secured or unsecured since we now own no realestate or have any assets. Thanks for a kind and knowledgeable reply.

justalayman

a secured debt is one that is a debt for property held by you. If there is no property of any sort (real or personal) the debts are unsecured.

given the situation, I would strongly suggest a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">