• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DM went above authority and decided relocation case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

I am on here for advice not to be ridiculed
Huh? I wasn't "ridiculing" you. Why do you think that???

You stated that your ex was abusive but your move away was denied despite that...It's a valid and natural question to ask why you chose to move anyway and leave your child with, per your assertion, an abusive man. It's a question that will come up in court.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Moved to Nebraska for a better cost of living less crime and drugs. Better education for children. My husband also had a son from a prior relationship
You moved to Nebraska for LESS crime and drugs?

I suspect that you moved to follow your new husband, with the rest being attempts at justification. You say that your child has no biological family in Colorado save for an aunt, but you are ignoring the fact that one of his two closest relatives lives there. (Dad.)

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I am on here for advice not to be ridiculed
I do not see that you are being ridiculed. You have put yourself in a situation where the legally relevant questions make you uncomfortable. You have to realize that in any court, similar questions are likely.

The "legal" advice most would give you is:
1) do what you can to exercise your parenting time to the fullest;
2) if the other parent violates the court order severely enough, ask that the court find him in contempt;
3) you need a "change of circumstance" in the child's life in order to justify a change in custody.

2016 is 4 years ago. The parenting plan is what it is. The only things that matter in changing an established parenting plan are the present conditions.

Last edited:
the only reason I bring up 4 years ago is Colorado best interest of the child states it shall not be in the best interest of the child to be placed with a perpatraiter of or history of domestic violence. That being said the DM did not do his investigation. because he never even contacted other woman

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
But why has it taken you four years to address the issues you had with the DM? Because honestly? This is an example of "you snooze, you lose."

Quite possibly, the DM didn't bother with the g/f because that's usually of little use - either trying to get back at the guy or has made up with him.

Just Blue

the only reason I bring up 4 years ago is Colorado best interest of the child states it shall not be in the best interest of the child to be placed with a perpatraiter of or history of domestic violence. That being said the DM did not do his investigation. because he never even contacted other woman
When you moved, despite knowing you could not take your child, you made the choice to place your child with an abuser.

So either:
1. The ex isn't an abuser and you were lying to get permission to move the child.
2. He is an abuser and you knowingly placed your 7 year old in his primary care and move hundreds of miles away. And if that is the case you are an unfit mother.

Per what you have posted here #2 is what happened.

But why has it taken you four years to address the issues you had with the DM? Because honestly? This is an example of "you snooze, you lose."

Quite possibly, the DM didn't bother with the g/f because that's usually of little use - either trying to get back at the guy or has made up with him.
The woman and I just crossed paths about 2 weeks ago and she asked how things were going. Then the topic got brought up about her not responding she was dumbfounded and said no one had ever tried contacting her

When you moved, despite knowing you could not take your child, you made the choice to place your child with an abuser.

So either:
1. The ex isn't an abuser and you were lying to get permission to move the child.
2. He is an abuser and you knowingly placed your 7 year old in his primary care and move hundreds of miles away. And if that is the case you are an unfit mother.

Per what you have posted here #2 is what happened.
The courts hired a 3rd party and he was charged with it you big mouth

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The woman and I just crossed paths about 2 weeks ago and she asked how things were going. Then the topic got brought up about her not responding she was dumbfounded and said no one had ever tried contacting her
Which really proves nothing. She doesn't remember, she didn't get the messages, she's lying to you, etc.

I am assuming that your husband's child lives in NE. What your son sees is that you put your husband and his child ahead of your own. True or not, in the eyes of a child...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">