• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do attorneys keep a copy of the will?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tranquility

Because it would be a breach of any number of ethical duties depending on how the attorney was retained? Or, that it is more likely to cause litigation for things already closed and increase costs for no purpose? Or, because it's not worth your time to go back into a file and provide information to any yahoo who asks?

mdconnor

Because it would be a breach of any number of ethical duties depending on how the attorney was retained? Or, that it is more likely to cause litigation for things already closed and increase costs for no purpose? Or, because it's not worth your time to go back into a file and provide information to any yahoo who asks?
I do not consilder a family member that is listed in the will as "any yahoo" and I would be willing to pay a fee for digging it up and mailing.

mdconnor

Wow MDconnor we seem to be in the same boat. I feel exactly like you and I am trying to get a copy of the will and findout how this crap went down also. I feel like if they had nothing to hide why wont they show us?
Exactly, Most people would be open unless there is something to hide. Not many sympathetic ears around here though.

tranquility

I do not consilder a family member that is listed in the will as "any yahoo" and I would be willing to pay a fee for digging it up and mailing.
By yahoo, I meant a person who does not have rights to receive the will from the attorney but who wants it anyway because he thinks that's fair. By the way, when did you find out you were listed in the will?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">