• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Saint Paul, MN


I own my house and rent rooms to help pay for my mortgage. There is one person who has fallen about 2 months behind. I cancelled the periodic tenancy lease last month so he has to move out by the 31st of this month. I would like to sue him for the rent he owes. He has never signed a rental agreement, but I have kept track of what he has/hasn't paid me. He has also given me a signed and dated letter requesting receipts for his rent payments dating from July last year to present. (I see this as proof that he was paying rent). Do I have a case? If yes, what's the next step? Thanks!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential