• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do i have a Injury Suit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trinity07

Please anyone that can help on this matter can email me! [email protected]. I want advice before actually trying to go to a lawyer and making myself look like an idiot or somthing!!

Ok here is the situation! I was at this gas station and i had an accident! I tripped over the concrete sidewalk that starts small and gets bigger for handicapped people to use their chairs on! I had to go onto it cause my mom needed her tire aired up and the air pump was right there! I must have misjudged the depth of the concrete and i fell and sprained my knee, hit my head on the concrete wall head and sprained my neck.
I had my mom tell them what happened and they said that they could call the paramedics so that i could get treatment! I refused cause my mother was capable of driving me to the hospital and i didnt want the expense of a ambulance ride! So i went and they told me that nothing was broken(they did xrays) and that i had a sprained knee, cervical sprain and a head contusion! Then sent me home with ibufrofin! That is IT!! Well it has been 2 weeks and i am still suffering with knee, neck and shoulder pain! My head is fine but my neck and shoulders cramp up on me if i do ANYTHING (all i can do is sit around and do nothing!) and my knee has shooting pains here and there! I got to go to my physician here in a few days! Even sitting here writing all this is really starting to bother me! (off i go to take the worthless Ibufrofin!) What i am wanting to know is if i have to end up seeing a bone doctor cause of my knee and have to have something else done with my neck and shoulders, and this gets worse do you think i would have a law suit against the place where i tripped? I know nothing about all this stuff and i am the one that tripped but yet everyone keeps saying to sue them! How can i sue a place just cause i tripped on their property? I mean is that possible? This has caused me alot of pain and suffering and has kept me from doing the things i need to do as a mother and wife!! ANyone??????????
ps. the station took down my name address and phone number. I was told by the hospital that i should have filed a police report. Is that true?
If it is should i still do that?

L

Lg2

Well, if you misjudged the concrete, you might not be able to recover damages. But if they were somehow negligent (poor lighting, broken concrete, etc.) Then it may be a valid case

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">