• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a valid case in court or should I pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Joshua Toth

Hi, I live in Tucson and I was pulled over today in Casa Grande on my way home from Phoenix when I received a laser radar ticket..this is my first speeding ticket ive ever had in my life and I haven't been in an accident in a decade...What honestly happened today is I all of a sudden started to fall asleep and could barely keep my eyes open....I did not feel safe to pull over and sleep on the side of the freeway so I sped up to get to the next exit ...This is honestly the truth...Is this a valid case in court...I have the option of paying to take the defensive driving course but I feel like my case is a valid case to plead in court

FlyingRon

Do not admit to a greater violation in trying to defend yourself from a lesser one.

I would recommend you DO take a driving course. Your excuse is not only pathetic but indicates a dangerous attitude. "Speeding up" is not the thing to do ever, and especially not when you are compromised by fatigue.

Hi, I live in Tucson and I was pulled over today in Casa Grande on my way home from Phoenix when I received a laser radar ticket..this is my first speeding ticket ive ever had in my life and I haven't been in an accident in a decade...What honestly happened today is I all of a sudden started to fall asleep and could barely keep my eyes open....I did not feel safe to pull over and sleep on the side of the freeway so I sped up to get to the next exit ...This is honestly the truth...Is this a valid case in court...I have the option of paying to take the defensive driving course but I feel like my case is a valid case to plead in court
Joshua, You're saying you were drowsy driving, that's not a recommended thing to admit to a judge :-\ .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">