• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have any legal recourse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rhonda C

Junior Member
I live and work in Virginia.
I am wondering if this falls under libel or something of that sort. I would like to know if I have any legal recourse if this guy goes through with this.

A guy I know (he doesn't live in this state and he does not work for my company) has been giving me a hard time for quite a while now. He makes threats, visits my blogs and websites all the time and writes stuff in his blogs about me. He says I harass him, which I don't. I have visited his blog a few times in the past, but only when someone contacts me and says that he is writing bad stuff about me again. I have emailed him and told him to stop but he won't.

Currently, I have no contact with him and have not for several months.

He says I am a stalker, but I have not threatened him, not even made contact except for the email about leaving me alone.

A friend contacted me the other day and it seems that now he is writing on his blog that he wants to get me fired. He knows where I work. He says that he is going to contact my boss and tell them things to have me fired from my job.

Is there anything that I can do if he actually goes through with this? He has no grounds whatsoever, so anything that he presented to get me fired would be fabricated.

What can I do to stop this?


Senior Member
I suggest you print off copies of the blog threats and take them to the police. I would then consult an attorney about sending a cease-and-desist letter to this person. Do not communicate with him personally. Do not email him. Do not post to his blog.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential