• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have any right of protection from this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ladynred

Who told you Experian doesn't accept disputes by mail ? People are mailing disputes to Ex every day. If that were truly the case, there would be a huge uproar on the credit-related boards I participate on.

WCambridge

Hi Ladynred-

I recently joined an 'Identity' protection and credit profile notification service agency ( not sure if it's kosher to provide the name and link), and they have a section called 'dispute' on which they give you both addresses for Equifax and Trans-Union, but for not for Experian. This is what they have on that section:

Equifax
P.O. Box 740256
Atlanta, GA 30374-0256

TransUnion
P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19022-2000

Experian
Disputes are not accepted by mail or telephone, but you may file a dispute online.

Ladynred

Oh, they definitely take disputes by phone AND by mail ! They may not WANT to, but they DO, they make it as difficult as possible to dispute any other way than their pathetic on-line method. Here's the mailing address for their reinvestigation center:

Experian
NCAC
PO Box 9701
Allen Texas 75013

Or:

701 Experian Parkway
Allen, TX 75013-3701

Make sure you mail it via Certified RRR and keep copies. It gives you proof of exactly when they received it and you can track the 30 days they get to investigate.

Last edited:

WCambridge

I'm sorry I haven't been able to post, but thank you Ladynred for the last information.

I mailed the letter of contention to Experian to the address you posted.

Once, many thanks...

WCambridge

I didn't mean to resurrect this thread, but I just wanted to take the time to those who gave their time and advice with my situation.

All three credit reporting agencies have deleted GE Capital's entry. The notifications came enclosed with my credit report/s....

Thanks everyone! The system works.

TigerD

I didn't mean to resurrect this thread, but I just wanted to take the time to those who gave their time and advice with my situation.

All three credit reporting agencies have deleted GE Capital's entry. The notifications came enclosed with my credit report/s....

Thanks everyone! The system works.
Great! Congrats

WCambridge

A twisted turn of events?

I just got notified by an identity watchdog about a new entry on my credit profile in the public records section.

I was a bit concerned this may happen if I wrote to the agencies about GE's entry. I was afraid that my previous BK fling will be rehashed and bring to light it was dismissed because of reasons I stated previously in this thread.

So today, there appear entries in my profile about that '96 BK filing once again, with the dismissal notification being filed on 2000.

Am I stuck with this 'new' entry on my profile until 2010, or is this something I can have remove because of lawful statutes today?

Please advice. Thanks.

Ladynred

A BK filing from 1996 is beyond the 10 year reporting limit for ANY type of bankruptcy. Since the reporting period runs from the FILING DATE, it doesn't matter that the case was dismissed in 2000.

You need to dispute this, AGAIN, as OBSOLETE and likely illegally re-aged.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">