• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have grounds to sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dequeendistress

Good luck with your case.

Thank you for the 911 in your locality clarification...what you describe is not the norm.

and I still stand behind what I said about 911 UNLESS you live in a locality where there is no other number for contacting law enforcement, fire, ambulance etc.

BL

I'm glad you got some action so far ..... You might have to bear and grin it for a month or so,but hopefully it will end soon.

To clarify !! Depending on the Police Officer or dispatcher I have dealt with, some will tell you to call 911 , others tell you 311 which we have here. Yes even for Non-Emergencies.
See how rood and screwed up the system can be ? So they need to tow the line as an Example ,wouldn't you think ?

B

biz_e_mom

The war goes on! OK. I have had to sign another summons on this guy. Now he is calling the police on any thing he can think of. Last saturday it was I was playing my radio to loud at 7:30 am. My whole family was asleep and the officer at could obviously tell he had gotten me out of bed. The next morning at 9 am, the police were at my door because my dog was barking. Mind you she was barking because this person stood between his garage and house overlooking my back yard whistling at my dog. My husband saw him do this while getting a cup of coffee. 1st thing monday morning he tried to call the county courthouse and sign a eviction notice to have us thrown out by saying he was the owner. He promplty left when the clerk called us to verify we are still the current owners. They never saw his id so they claim they can't prosecute him since they can't id him and he never signed anything. This has got to stop. I can't get an attorney to talk to me on this matter. They all just tell me to keep calling the police. I have talked with the poice chief but nothing has come of it. The county prosecutor tells me to just keep signing summons until we can get to court on Dec 19 or he quits. This is rediculous. The police officers have been able to catch him twice and told him to quit or they would arrest him if he started up agin. He quits for the night but starts all over the next. With his attitude and sneakiness, I am now stressed over what he is going to do next. Any new suggestions? Any will be greatly appreciated!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">