• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do I have legal rights to keep her?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Not open for further replies.

Chrissy's mom

Junior Member
What is the name of your state?FL
My ex husband has primary physical custody of my son(15)and daughter(8). Daughter came to spend summer with me and during this time I took her to a Child Psychologist for a evaulation under the advice of my attorney. The Dr. found that she was mentally and possibly physically traumatized by her older brother and called DCF immediently. DCF visited my home and the home of my former husband. Since that time, my former husband has demanded that daughter be returned home and put back into the same environment that she has lived in for almost 2 years. My daughter has stated to me that she does NOT want to go home, she wants to stay with me for the rest of the summer, as her father has promised her. DCF has stated that she may go home until futher investigation. The question is, can I legally keep her and not return her home to her father and brother? What legal ground do I have if DCF is telling me that she CAN go home, but she doesn't want to go and I don't want her to go either.
HELP!! time is running out.
ThanksWhat is the name of your state?

Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential