• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have options to protect myself?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SadinMinnesota

What is the name of your state? Minnesota
If a formal complaint is filed with a Sheriff, investigated, and found to be without basis, what is the likelyhood of finding an attorney to proceed with a civil lawsuit?
Do lawyers take cases that are proven to be false? If it does happen, I understand that I could sue for malicious prosocution (sp?) and I probably would.....I can prove that the complaint was filed the next day after receiving a " desist" letter from me, but I would rather not go through the stress and expense of a civil trial....if she finds a lawyer to take the case, would it be a good idea for me to write him advising him that I will file a malicious prosocution lawsuit?

BelizeBreeze

SadinMinnesota said:
What is the name of your state? Minnesota
If a formal complaint is filed with a Sheriff, investigated, and found to be without basis, what is the likelyhood of finding an attorney to proceed with a civil lawsuit?
Do lawyers take cases that are proven to be false? If it does happen, I understand that I could sue for malicious prosocution (sp?) and I probably would.....I can prove that the complaint was filed the next day after receiving a " desist" letter from me, but I would rather not go through the stress and expense of a civil trial....if she finds a lawyer to take the case, would it be a good idea for me to write him advising him that I will file a malicious prosocution lawsuit?
You can do anything you want but a malicious prosecution suit is worthless against a private party who has the right to bring suit against anyone at anytime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">